Гражданство и натурализация
For any person who is interested in obtaining a Cyprus passport based on years of residence in Cyprus, it is important to be able to meet the below criteria:
- Reside legally in Cyprus for seven consecutive years prior to the application.
- Reside in Cyprus for at least 6 months in Cyprus per year.
- The year preceding the submission of your application (seventh year) the applicant must continuously reside in Cyprus for the entire year (i.e. 365 days). The applicant is only allowed to exit Cyprus for medical or business-related reasons. The maximum number of days abroad is 90 for that year.
For any person who is interested in obtaining a Cyprus passport as a spouse of Cypriot national it is important to be able to meet the below criteria:
- For applicants that reside in Cyprus Complete three years of marriage and two years of residence in the Republic prior to the date of application.
- For applicants that reside abroad Complete at least three years of marriage. These applications must additionally be accompanied by a letter from the couple stating the reasons for requesting the grant of the Cypriot citizenship to the foreign spouse.
There are different application categories based on the year and place of birth of the applicant as well as the way that applicant’s parents received their citizenship.